Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Honeymoon-- Park City, or, A Cabin in the Woods

When I was a little girl, I decided I wanted to go to Paris on my honeymoon-- spending time in France with the romance, the culture, and the pastries has always been appealing to me, till I got a little older and realized that sight-seeing wasn't going to be a top priority on my honeymoon to-do list... So I decided my ideal honeymoon would be a cabin in the woods with just me and my man. Kirk and his parents, knowing this, booked us two nights in Park City, Utah before taking off to the more exotic Cancun.

We had an amazing time at the WestGate hotel. Friday, we eventually left the hotel and went shopping where we replaced Kirk's leather jacket with one we found on major sale at this cute little Nordic shop, we also bought an ornament-- a tradition we began on our first vacation together, while we were engaged, to California. After lunch at this cute Texas cafe and shopping, we went to the alpine slide where I'm pretty sure I beat Kirk down the mountain. On our way back to the hotel we stopped by walmart because my cute husband only packed two shirts, so we picked up a pack of white t-shirts to wear in Cancun and a swim shirt. Back at the hotel we went swimming and enjoyed a delightful dinner at the hotel restaurant.

It was an early (ish) to bed evening as we had to leave at 5 am for the airport the next morning, but we had a lovely time in Park City and we hope to be able to return to this great hotel and this fun city every year for our anniversary so long as we are in Utah.

What a great start to our life together!

No comments: