Monday, January 24, 2011

May my heart be turned to pray

Hello wonderful family,

It has been another superb week here in the Great Ohio Columbus Mission which has sped by. Holy cow, where does all the time go? Can't we just press pause or something? Well, I guess that's not a part of the plan, so I'll just be grateful for what I've been given!

Speaking of what I've been given-- I've been given an amazing new companion! Her name is Sister Seminare Vaasili from Western Samoa. She is so cute! Since this is her first area, I have the privilege of being able to introduce her to all things American-- like Taco Bell! Hah, it's awesome. She's taught me some words in Samoan and this morning she cooked us breakfast like she usually eats in Samoa-- ramen noodles, a chicken drumstick, and white rice. I'm still not hungry for lunch! She's sweet, and I know I'm supposed to be the one teaching her, but I'm learning so much more! I am very grateful for this opportunity!

Oh, and Sister Lillywhite is now in the Moundbuilders ward-- which is where I started my mission! I'm so excited she's there-- she'll be there when Nancy goes through the temple in a couple of months! She is going to do such amazing things there with Sister Whitney (my MTC companion)-- I'm excited for them!

This weekend we went to meet a member referral we received from a member in the Marion Branch. Hellen Tennar lives in Bucyrus with her son Robert who's in his mid 20s... Her best friend of 50+ years is a less active member that the Marion sisters visit frequently, and she it the one who thought her friend Hellen might like to hear the gospel. When we went to introduce ourselves to her, it was snowing. They live out in the country and have a big long unpaved, unplowed driveway. I said a little prayer and with the Lord's help, we made it up the drive. When we were talking to Hellen and Robert, Robert asked us what we were driving-- I told him it was a Toyota Corolla and he was shocked that we made it up the drive. Apparently his older brother got stuck in his truck... well, that made me nervous for getting back out. After a nice lesson and scheduling a return appointment, we said a prayer and made it safely out of the driveway. It was definitely the Lord helping us in and out of the driveway because these people need the gospel right now. So many miracles every day!

Carla Willoughby will be getting baptized this Saturday at 1:00, and I am so excited for her. She has changed so much from the first time we met her-- she even told us she took down pictures from her facebook and myspace that weren't appropriate. She recognizes more her individual worth and divine nature and I am so proud of the things she has done to change her life! She has a much brighter future in store for her now. Please pray for her this week :)

Well, the gospel is so true. The Lord blesses us with tender mercies every day. Jesus is the Christ. Families are forever. Go and do missionary work in your neck of the woods :)

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

ps-- Good luck with your wedding this weekend, Jenn... Have fun being married! You're in my prayers <3

No comments: