Monday, May 2, 2011

Teach me, Lord, to be a shepherd; Father, help me feed thy sheep

Hello, dear family, from The Ohio!

Happy May! I cannot believe we've begun the 5th month of the year. I cannot believe we've begun the 16th month out of 18. I cannot believe time flies so quickly-- one might even say it "flies on wings of lightening"! Hah, I love the hymns of Zion :)

It has been another great week here in Clearfork, and even though 90% of our appointments were canceled, or we had to cancel them due to Sister Vaasili and a terrible toothache which we're going to the dentist for today, we had some wonderful lessons, met some great people, and had a phenomenal day at zone conference on Thursday.

We had a wonderful new member lesson with Gene and his boys, at Brother Hawk's home, about the priesthood. This was especially appropriate because Gene and Jakob received the priesthood the previous Sunday, and yesterday Gene passed the sacrament-- Jakob will next week... Gene told us that he wanted to show his son 'how it was done'. I thought that was cute! We are working to transition their lessons from us teaching and members supporting to members teaching and us supporting. It worked really well Thursday-- Brother Hawk put a lot of effort into his lesson and the spirit was very strong. This Thursday, we will have another lesson with them and it will be a review of sorts in the from of Jeopardy. It should be fun, and hopefully it peeks these adolescent boys' attention and memories!

Yesterday, my testimony about prayers being answered and fasting was strengthened. It being fast Sunday, I fasted to receive personal revelation as to how we can best help a recent convert family remain strong in the gospel and become more solidly converted, and for this family to recognize where their priorities ought to be. When I was reading my scriptures before and during the sacrament yesterday, I came across Alma 23, which talks about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies' conversion, and received the distinct impression to share this scriptural account of this group of people burying their weapons of rebellion because of their true conversion. Then last night, we received a phone call from our ward mission leader who had stopped by their home and she had quit her job because it was interfering with church and family. What an amazing and very tangible example of prayers being answered and fasting being a means of strength and knowledge! I love the Lord-- He is so very good to us!

I know that the Book of Mormon is true, Jesus is the Christ, and families can be forever. The Lord wants us to feed His sheep, and if we truly love Him, that is exactly what we will do-- even (and especially) if it means, as it did for Peter in the New Testament, leaving our nets and our old life behind. We must rescue and feed His sheep.

I love you guys so very much-- Go preach His gospel!

Love,
Sister Chelsea Lynn LeSueur

No comments: