Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sweet is the work

Hello wonderful family,

Heavenly Father loves me-- and one of the many evidences of this is my new companion-- Sister Angela Oliverson from Shelley, Idaho. She has been out about eight months and she's fantastic. She dresses so cute and has such a non-shy dynamic personality that the ward has really just fallen in love with her in the few short days she's been here. Ahh-- Heavenly Father is so good to me, and I know she's exactly the one who needs to be here in the Clearfork ward! :)

It has been an exhaustingly wonderful week-- The following are a couple of the highlights:

Rob Baker was interviewed for baptism on Saturday and he couldn't be more excited to become a member of the church. His fall plans include coming to Provo and attending BYU in the fall in preparation for his mission. He's going to convert entire nations when he serves his mission! His baptism will be this Friday evening at 6:00 and we are so ecstatic for him! He's a phenomenal kid who has overcome a lot and who is sacrificing a lot in his quest for truth.

Kim and Eric Valdez came to church on Sunday and we had a lesson with them after church was over. Last Tuesday we had taught them the Restoration and the spirit was felt so strongly by everyone. We committed her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and to know that Joseph Smith is a prophet-- she agreed and so our apt with her yesterday was to follow up on that. She has been reading it and is gaining a testimony of it. We invited her to prepare herself for baptism on June 18th, and she said yes and is very excited about it. Oh my goodness-- this family is going to be a powerhouse in the Clearfork ward. Eric quit his job of 20 years last week because it required him to work Sundays and took him away from his family. Huge leap of faith for which he was immediately blessed. The next day, he got an interview with a competing company who was flying here from Chicago today to interview him. The Lord asks so little of us and gives back so much. I'm so excited for this family!

Good luck to Kevin week with his tests. I've seen Grey's Anatomy, so I know how taxing those tests can be ;) You're in my prayers, and I know that if you do the best you can and fast and pray for help, the Lord will take care of the rest... You're in my prayers this week!

Happy Graduation Trev... You've made me a very proud sister. Keep up the good work!

I know this is Christ's true church. The work of proclaiming the gospel is indeed sweet, and I am so grateful for the tools and resources we've been given so that we can know the things we need to in order to return to live with Heavenly Father and help our brothers and sisters get there as well. Families can be together forever!

I love you-- have an amazing week... live your life and enjoy it <3

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: