Monday, June 6, 2011

I have work enough to do.

Dear family,

My attention this week has been brought to recognize and understand the dire effect our choices can have on us. Life is made up of choices-- and the fact that we have the ability to choose is evidence of God's love for us. I am so grateful for His love and His mercy and His forgiveness. The fact that we can either choose to follow God or not is a huge deal-- it breaks His heart when we choose to be disobedient, but when we choose to then become His disciples, it makes the latter choice all the more powerful. This is why agency is an essential part of His plan and an eternal principle. God's power has a lot to do with our agency. I love the Plan of Salvation and my Savior Jesus Christ. Repentance is real-- the Lord doesn't care so much about where you've been as he cares about where you're going.

Robert Baker was baptized of Friday evening and it was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have ever had the privilege of attending. Sister Oliverson and I sang Sweet Hour of Prayer because it is Rob's favorite song, after which he stood and bore powerful testimony of the Atonement and the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I am the missionary, but I have learned so much from Rob. He truly is a student of scripture and a seeker of truth. He is preparing to serve a mission and wherever he goes, he will be the key to thousands of peoples' conversions. He's phenomenal.

Kim and Eric Valdez have made numerous changes in their lives so they can live more in accordance with the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is working on himself so he can baptize his wife and step-son-- and that may be happening sooner than we thought... like, this weekend. After learning about the Word of Wisdom, Kim emptied all her wine bottles and other drink mixers. She has such strong faith. It's another instance of the future being more important than the past.

Wow. Time is flying so quickly. Sometimes I just want to press pause, but that isn't in the Lord's plan, and so we just must make each moment matter. How grateful I am for this time to learn and grow in The Ohio. It is the greatest decision I have ever made to be here. Thanks family for helping me get here.

I know this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon contains the information we need to be happy. I know we can be together as a family forever as we live worthily of the blessings. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that we can change and become better as we live His gospel and allow Him to enter into our hearts. Of these things I am sure.

I love you more than life!

Love,

Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: