Monday, June 20, 2011

Fill our hearts with joy and peace

My dear, wonderful, superb, excellent, amazing family,

What a week it has been here in the Ohio... a good week with lots of emotion--- I'm still exhausted!

It seems like Satan's pattern is this: right before and/or right after something amazing happens he likes to throw a wrench in our lives. Well, with the amazingness that happened last invitation Sunday and all the good work we have happening here in the Clearfork ward, this last week was evidence of his sneaky slimy ways. Things were ok until Wednesday, then-- for whatever reason-- me, Sister Oliverson, Brother Brandt (our ward mission leader), and Rob Baker (our recent convert) just all had our own terrible emotional days! Now that doesn't mean we succumbed. We all took it in stride, and continued working to build the kingdom, but man, it was tough! Friday was probably the worst for me. It is our weekly planning day, I wasn't feeling well, and i was in a grumpy mood and we had an appointment with a sweet sister in the afternoon and because of everything going on, I wanted to be anywhere but that appointment. Sister Oliverson and I pleaded with the Lord before we left the apartment for his spirit to be with us-- we acknowledged our faults, expressed our desires to overcome them, and asked for the negative feelings to leave. When we pulled up to Angell's house in Shelby, we didn't feel miraculously different, but when we went in and began talking about the gospel and encouraging her in the things she is doing to bless her life and her daughter's live-- i was overwhelmed by a feeling of peace and joy. As she said a few things, just in conversation, I knew that my Heavenly Father was using her to answer my prayers and questions I had been having-- Angell really was an angel that day. We are each others angels, and so it is imperative that we listen to the promptings from the spirit to help our brothers and sisters out... even if we don't realize were doing anything! As emotional as it was, we taught a lot of lessons last week and got a lot done. I love being a missionary, because even the 'bad' weeks really aren't THAT bad! I tell you this not to evoke sympathy or what have you, but rather to showcase the Atonement and how aware our Heavenly Father is of each of us. No matter what feelings you're having-- good or bad-- He knows and is either rejoicing with or sorrowful for you. He wants us to be happy and receive His help, we just have to be willing to grab His hand.

Kim Valdez had us over Thursday night for their family home evening, which they planned and executed all by themselves! It was on Noah's ark and for dessert we had rainbow sherbet and animal cookies. I was so proud of them for doing such a great FHE-- It was kind of nice just to be a participant and not the teacher, but to recognize the changes they are making in their lives as a result of them learning about the gospel principles we've been able to teach! They are learning an applying and THAT is the Atonement in action!

Wow, how truly amazing the gospel of Jesus Christ is. I've seen it change lives and heal hearts in the almost 18 months I've had the privilege of being a full-time teacher of it. It's changed my life and healed my heart. How amazing that if we just give things over to the Lord we come out with more than we ever imagined-- we truly do have to loose our life in order to find it.

Jesus is the Christ and He is our Savior. He loves us and through His stripes we are healed. The gospel is true.

Happy Fathers day daddy-- you are an amazing man and the woman I am becoming is because of the daddy you are. Thanks!

Oh, and Congrats Ashley and Spencer on baby #3! I can't wait to meet her :)

I love y'all so much! Have a phenomenal week <3

Love,
Sister Chelsea Lynn LeSueur

No comments: