Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh what songs of the heart

Dear wonderful and amazing family,

Life is good and I adore being a missionary. I cannot even describe the feelings I receive as I put on the name-tag that bears the name of my family and the name of my Savior. When I get to represent Him all day, every day as I preach His gospel and help Him change the lives of my brothers and sisters, i receive joy unmatched by any other moment of my life. My purpose, as a representative of Jesus Christ, is to invite others to come unto Him by showing them that they deserve better than anything the world can give them. The good news of the gospel is that families can be together forever, and I get to help people learn this wonderful truth each and every day-- how great is my calling?! Preaching the gospel as a full time missionary and helping others the way Christ would if He were here has become the song of my heart :)

Yesterday our ward had an 'Invitation Sunday' where all the talks and lessons were focused on the Plan of Salvation. We made up invitations for the members to hand out to those they have wanted to invite to church for a long time but haven't for whatever reason so make the invitation as unawkward as possible-- it was a great day and we had several people accept invitations to attend church! The two I was most excited about was Troy Collins and Brandon & Amber Nicoletti who all came to church yesterday for the first time. Joy was brought to my heart when I saw them enter the church and then as I was able to watch the fellowship happen with the members, i wanted to sing! Everyone there truly felt welcomed and the spirit was felt so strong. We have our first 'official' lesson with Brandon and Amber tomorrow evening and we will be teaching Troy again on Saturday. These people are so precious to our Heavenly Father and I am so grateful to our merciful God for preparing them to receive the gospel the way He has!

The gospel is true. Living it brings happiness. Families can be together forever. Life is beautiful. I love you all more than life-- keep the commandments and be prosperous!

Love,
Sister Chelsea Lynn LeSueur

No comments: