Monday, April 12, 2010

He Sent Me Here To Earth By Faith To Live His Plan. The Spirit Whispers This To Me And Tells Me That I Can

Hello all you wonderful people!

What a wonderful week it has been in the great OCM! Stellar news-- BOB STROSHINE is getting baptized and so is Tevon!!! Bob has a date for the 15th of May (Bethany's wedding) and Tevon's is set for the 8th of May. I LOVE MAY!

Bob came to church yesterday wearing a white shirt and black pants. He looked so good! It made me reflect on 'the tough of the master's hand' and how through the gospel of Jesus Christ we can all have our rough edges smoothed away! Tevon lives in Zanesville, so she isn't technically ours, but since we've been teaching her and talking to her every day, we're basically sisters. I just think she's great and so is Bob and I am so excited for them!

The stake president at ward conference was really pushing for member present lessons more often than not, and so yesterday, we had S. Eros (a ward missionary) send around a sign up sheet for people who could go out with us. S. Parry didn't have much confidence in this tactic because she had fruitlessly tried it before, but being the optimistic greenie I am, I insisted we do it with faith. That sheet went around the entire RS room and only accumulated two signatures. One of them belonged to a woman who literally has no short term memory. Awesome. After RS a girl came up to us who we hadn't actually met before and told us she was the other signature... She's 20, her birthday is in October, and she's working on submitting her papers! She's not going to school because she's waiting to serve a mission, and she wants very badly to come out with us... YES! Whenever the Lord asks us to do something and we press forward in faith, he WILL provide a way for it to be accomplished.

Haha, in other news-- Here are a few signs of the times:
1. S. Parry got her trainer's wedding announcement. They registered only at a bank. I didn't even know you could do that.
2. We got a notice on our door telling us we had to take the picture of Jesus out of our window.
3. I'm seeing more and more shirtless men walking around Newark. So good.

I found the perfect missionary song. "How will they know" in the primary book. Look up the words. It ties in perfectly with the themes this last conference.

I love you all and I want you to know you're constantly in my prayers. Thanks for all the letters and emails-- It sure makes the week go much more smoothly when I'm reminded of my family's love for me! :)

The gospel is true!!

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur <3

No comments: