Monday, April 26, 2010

There is gladness in my soul today, and hope and praise and love, for blessings which he gives me now, for joys "laid up" above!

Hello all you wonderful children of God!

It hit me this week what my job as a missionary really is-- I am to tell those who don't know how much their Heavenly Father really, really loves them. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that it has taken three months to realize this... I think I was getting all caught up in the extra stuff-- but really, my job is to tell those who are sad and lonely how much our Father in Heaven has a perfect love for them! What good news to those who don't know it!

It's been another wonderful week here in The Great Ohio Columbus Mission. I feel so blessed to serve the people here!

We had the opportunity do some service for Sister Hull this last week... She's a 73 year old woman who is recovering from cancer and when we were at her house last last Saturday she was telling us about how she was going to mow her lawn after we left. We told her how much we would love it if she would let us mow her lawn for her... So we made a service date for this last week-- Yes, I got pictures because I knew none of you would believe me when I told you I edged a lawn all by myself! Sister Parry was a natural on the riding lawn mower and the edges of the lawn were pretty straight when I was done! There's nothing quite like service to put a smile on your face!

Another family in our ward that is near to my heart is the Haltoms. They are an elderly couple from Mesa, Arizona and were married by a Bishop LeSueur in the early 90s I think. When we went to visit them last week, she was in the hospital with infections complicated by her congestive heart failure. We spoke with Brother Haltom for a time and then called the elders who covered the area where the hospital is to go and give her a blessing. We were pleasantly surprised when she was there this week when we paid them a visit. They are the cutest, happiest, most caring people I have met up here-- Dispite the rough circumstances they find themselves in, they are always trying to make us laugh and figure out what they can do for us. We were thrilled when Brother Haltom (who always refuses our offers to help them around the house) finally let us do their dishes-- a little coersion was involved... but we all ended up happy campers!

The world is such a beautiful place, and despite our circumstances, we can always CHOOSE to be happy. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and all the wonderful knowlege I have because of it. I am grateful that I get to be a missionary. I am grateful for all the people I've met in the short time I've been here who have touched my life forever. Thanks for all your love and prayers--- They're felt and very much appreciated :)

Loves,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: