Monday, May 3, 2010

I am a child of God... Rich blessings are in store!

Hello all you beautiful people!

It is a beautiful May day here in Ohio, and things are so brilliantly green it is so amazing to think about the contrast of the white deadness that ensued when I got here three months ago!

Things continue to go wonderfully up here. I have definitely felt your love and prayers this week, as well as the love and guidance of our Heavenly Father.

We had a wonderful experience this week as we visited with a less active family in our ward. Their granddaughter is living with them and she has had such an incredibly hard life for the short nine years she's been alive. When we got to their house, Brother Dowell asked us if rather than discussing the Book of Mormon chapters they had read this last week if we could talk to their granddaughter, Ravon, instead. He briefly told us that there were some custody issues going on and told us about the rough time she is having at school and he feels like it would do her some good to talk to us as an objective third party. Of course, we said yes. We went in the house and sat there and listened to this bearutful little girl cry as she talked about the meanness of her other grandma, of the fear she feels at her mom's house because her boyfriend has tried to choke her mom before, and of the loneliness she feels at school. My heart ached for her, and I had to hold back tears of my own. Sister Parry cleared her throat and asked Ravon if she knew she is a daughter of God who loves her perfectly and has a plan for her life. She said no. As we continued to tell her about her divine nature and individual worth, we told her that she can always pray to Heavenly Father no matter what and He would always be there to listen to her and comfort her. We then kneeled down with her and taught her how to pray. The three of us each said a prayer out loud asking for the strength, comfort, and guidance Ravon needed. Sister Parry and I said a prayer first and when it was Ravon's turn, she offered the sweetest most innocent prayer I have ever heard asking for help with this hard thing she was facing. After we prayed, we talked a little more and then she got quiet. When we asked her what she was thinking, she smiled and said, "That Heavenly Father loves me!"

I am so thankful for the knowlege I have that we are children of God. He loves us all and cares for us all and it is our job to remind one another of this simple truth. Who will you share this gem of knowlege with this week?

On a less spiritual note, I could really use some stamps... I sure do love writing my wonderful family, but--- the post office requires stamps before they'll deliver them!

I love you all a ton and I can't wait to talk to you on Mother's Day!

Have a happy week and remember to smile-- You're a child of God!

Lots and Lots of Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: