Monday, May 24, 2010

"Awake, ye Saints of God, awake!

Hello wonderful family!
It's your little Ohioan here bragging about the beautiful 70* blue sky I get to admire today! Oh man, these last two days have been gorgeous, and after the last week of solid rain, everyone is just soaking up the sun! I just love Ohio! There are so many trees that driving we get to enjoy a sea of different shades of green! It's kind of like Ireland, but a little more redneck :)

Sister Seibel and I had an amazing week and we're really teaching each other a lot! She has taught me a lot about exact obedience, and I have helped her come out of her shell a bit. I just love her and I know she is who I need in my life right now!

We've been tracting a lot-- and since that wasn't Sister Parry's forte, I have learned a lot in this last week and a half! We have found four new investigators, and actually, I use the term 'found' loosely. Heavenly Father lead us to them because of our faith and obedience. It is just amazing the way the Lord works! Dave Morin was a man we contacted in downtown Newark on the square Sister Seibel's first day here! We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and told him we would call him in a week-- well, when we called him this last Thursday he apologised that he was only on chapter 5 but said he was enjoying it. We set up a meeting for Sunday (yesterday) and when we got there, he wasin the middle of reading chapter 14! We had a wonderful first lesson and we have another teaching appointment for this Wednesday!

We came across Andrew at a dinner appointment. When we went to the door, Sister Crook came to meet us and seemed very frazzled. She said, "I hope it's ok, but DarrLynn's friend Andrew wants to come over and talk to you. Is that allright?!" Of course we were super excited and said yes! Andrew just graduated and is reading the Book of Mormon now. We have an apt wth him the beginning of June! :)

Peggy and Abby are a mother/daughter-- we went to their address because it was a referral from Mt Vernon members for Drew Spalding. But when we got there, Drew didn't live there-- But Peggy and Abby were really enthused about hearing the gospel! We have another apt with them this Wednesday! It's truly amazing the way the Lord works-- Alma 16:16-17

I love being a missionary. I love serving others. I love the Lord and I am so grateful for the gospel!!

Love you bunches,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: