Thursday, June 3, 2010

Count your many blessings every doubt will fly and you will be singing as the days go by!

Hello all you wonderful people! I hope you're all doing well and feeling the Lord's smile on you in whatever little corner of the world you may chance to be in right now!

Ohio is wonderful-- Although, I thought I was back in Texas last night with our Tornado warning, super strong winds, and power outage last night! Hah, we were at the church for our correlation meeting and so were all the kids for mutual and it was so funny to hear them talk/freak out when the sirens started going. I very calmly tried to explain to them that the sirens are only a precaution... it doesn't actually mean a tornado is heading straight for us! But... It's more fun to freak out, so I wasn't too offended when my advice wasn't whole-heatedly taken! When we got to our apartment, we were surprised to find that we had no power! So we watched the storm for a while and then talked as we were in bed... the power didn't come back on 'till 3:00 in the morning! This morning, we saw several trees with big branches that had been broken off. That always makes me feel so sad to see that! We must have had some pretty strong winds!

This week was great! David Moran came to church on Sunday. He was only able to stay for Sacrament, but he loved it! We extended July 3rd as a baptismal date to him and he's praying about it-- so, Ill keep you posted! He's really moving right along in his reading... He's at the end of 2 Nephi already!

We have started teaching a woman, Joyce Heckmann, and she seems really interested. We'll be teaching her the Plan of Salvation on Friday!

There's this interesting phenomenon up here... It's called 'Summer Snow'. Any guesses as to what it is? it's the 'cotton' from the Cottonwood trees! It's the craziest thing... It blows around up here like crazy and if you're just looking out the window, it really does look like it's snowing! I <3 Ohio!

I love this great work. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the healing power the Atonement has in our lives. I love my family. I have so many blessings!

Love you tons!
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: