Monday, June 7, 2010

"Awake, ye Saints of God, awake! Call on the Lord in Mighty Prayer..."

Hello!

I hope you've been worried about me-- there has been a lot of tornadoey weather! But never fear... I am still alive! There are a lot of broken trees and such all around Newark, a lot of people need new roofs, and many a tree-dented car, but your cute sister missionary withstood the storm :)

Yesterday was fast Sunday, and as happy as I was for the opportunity to fast and such, I knew Dave Moran and Tevon would both be at church, and sometimes us Mormons with our loose cannon mouths can make a missionary worry! I prayed that it would be a great uplifting testimony meeting and, indeed it was! The Lord hears and answers our prayers, and awesomely enough, there seemed to be a theme during the meeting about prayer! That is exactly what both Tevon and Dave need right now. The Lord knew what they needed and prompted our wonderful ward to share their testimonies of prayer! How grateful this simple experience made me for a loving Heavenly Father who is so involved in and concerned with His children's lives!

Sister Seibel and I continue to find... I'm liking tracting more and more-- they say you get your best stories from tracting and I think that is definitely the truth! I continue to learn a lot from my wonderful companion... I know that we really are supposed to be together right now. Come to find out, she's a lot like my lovely sister and once I realized that, I knew better what to make of a lot of the situations we find ourselves in! I really love her and I'm so grateful for mission companionships!

I know the gospel is true with all my heart. I know we can be completely changed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know families are together forever.

I love being a missionary! Thanks for your prayers, they are SO felt! <3

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: