Monday, June 14, 2010

"Yes, Say What is Truth? 'Tis the Brightest Prize to Which Mortals or Gods Can Aspire."

Hello!
It's the middle of June. Can you believe it? It's the middle of June!! The first day of summer is coming up next week, though based on the humidity here, I thought summer set in a long time ago... Never mind that though, I'm a Texan and I thrive in humid weather! I just need to realize that long sleeves and sweaters don't so much fly anymore as fare as wardrobe choices go! When will I learn?

So, we have been trying to meet with Whitney Stevens and her husband-- I can't remember if I told y'all about her-- we met her tracting and she said she really wanted to meet with us but she was completely taken down by the flu... She told us to come back, so we did about a week or so later. When we talked to her that time, she wasn't too interested in the message, but you know me-- I can talk for ever to anyone, so I did and it was after we really got to know her she invited us back. When we came back for the third time, we taught her and her 4 yr old and her 20 month old the restoration-- despite all the distractions that come with the little ones, we all felt the spirit really strongly. We left her with a copy of the Book of Mormon and asked her to read and pray about it. She told us that her husband (whos mom is a recent convert in Oregon) was interested in meeting with us but his work schedule is crazy busy-- we set up an apointment for yesterday to meet with their whole family all together. Well, when we got there yesterday, we found out that her little girl has a highly contageous staph infection... she had been in the hospital for the last three days. So, we had to reschedule. Whitney's husband made the comment that he thinks the new home they moved into is cursed because it's just been one thing after another since they moved in... When we got in the car, we decided the adversary is just trying really hard to keep them from learning the things that will make their family happy and together forever. Well, he isn't going to succede without a fight... Please keep the Stevens family in your prayers!

I love you all. I love this gospel. I love being a missionary-- Thanks for all your prayers and examples... Now, go out and do some good wherever you may be today!

Love,
Siste Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: