Monday, May 10, 2010

You can live a happy life in this world of toil and strife, if there's sunshine in your heart!

Hello, dear family!

What a beautiful day it is here in Newark-- sunny with clear blue skies and it's about 60*. We are so blessed to be able to live in such a BEAUTIFUL world!! I just love springtime, although, I'm sure for you Arizonans summer is a little more near than you would like. Just remember y'all get 60* winters whilst I'll be donning a parka and long johns under my skirt!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I sure enjoyed talking to my family yesterday... Family is so important and I am so blessed that I have such a wonderful one! Families truly are eternal and I am grateful for this plain and simple truth!

This week went really well! This last Saturday we dubbed it our 'Super Service Saturday'. We spent the whole day performing service-- some of the things we did include lawn work for Sister Hull, stripping wallpaper for Sister Brunn, and helping Sister Neville pack and move. Sister Hull is wonderful and we really enjoy helping her out-- I really do quite like edging! Sister Brunn has been stripping wallpaper for the last year and a half, so we were happy to be a small part of that ongoing project-- plus she's hilarious and a really cool lady to know! Sister Neville moved from a big house into a timy apartment-- plus she doesn't throw anything away ever. Her apartment is packed from floor to ceiling with boxes and such and she is moving to Michigan on May 15. I don't feel like we got too much done there, but we made a little dent! Service truly is wonderful, it helps you get a small slimse into the savior's life and it helps us see others as Heavenly Father sees them... even if it is only for a split second. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve!!

Friday we came to our apartment and there was a desk by the dumpster... We have been wanting a desk in our room since I got here, so it was like divine intervention. Sister Parry was a little embarrased to be bringing up a desk from the dumpster, but she did and carried it up the stairs and it looks great in our room. Well, Saturday, we decided it was actually a changing table. So we have a changing table in our room. But I write in my journal at it every night... Ahh, the life of a missionary!

Transfers are this Thursday... So next Monday I'll let you know of the outcome. You never can tell what's going to happen even if you really really think you know. The Lord likes to shake things up every so often, or so I hear!

I love being a missionary. I love Ohio. I love the Lord, and I Love the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Never stop smiling, singing, or praying. They're all of great importance!

Love you all tons,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: