Monday, April 5, 2010

"...I'm sure He'll call His little ones to gater 'round His knee"

Hello my wonderful, treasured, amazing, eternal family!

Hello from your much uplifted and edified sister missionary up here in The Ohio-- and Happy Easter! What a wonderful week it has been, I feel as though I could just BURST with love and happiness! A few big ticket items--

Bob is NOT dead. We got a call from him at 7:00 am Friday morning and he said,
"Hello, girls! There was a note on my coffee table that it was the Newark Police Department who kicked in my door, and I called them, and they told me to call you because it was you who was worried. There was a missing person's report out on me and everything! I just was in Kentucky, listening to country music-- because they have good country music down there and I like it a lot! I ran out of money though, so I had to wait 'till the first of the month to come back home!"
How crazy is that!? haha, We're just glad he's alive and well and uplifted from all those country tunes and back in Newark so we can get back to teaching him!

Happy Birthday to Kevin, Congrats to Wes on the mission call, and yay for new babies for Kristen, Connie, Heather, and Amy! What an exciting time in our cute little Jones Family-- Thanks for keeping me updated, Grandma and Mom!

Sister Parry and I are able to work together for another transfer... I've officially made it through one of my12 transfers, and I'm no longer the newby! We were able to go to transfer meeting on Thursday, and I saw Sister Whitney there, as well as Elders Hansen and Haws. We're all doing so well! We got a ride from the RS president in our ward who attends the temple on the first and third Thursdays every month along with a few other women in our ward. They're all of retirement age, and they were the funniest women to ride with. They were cracking jokes about the mess our country's in, they were teasing each other, and they all have this Thelma and Louise 'air' about them-- I'll send a picture home! It made me think of my two cute grandmas and their faithful temple attendance!

I've made it a goal to be able to play the piano by the end of my mission. We've been spending preparation days at the church, and I'm teaching myself how to play 'I am a Child of God'. By the end of this week, I should have it down pat, and I'll send a tape home with it! I just love the idea of being able to play hymns at church or being able to serenade my future kids on the piano. I'm going to do this :)

I was so thankful for the awesomeness that ensued this weekend. General Conference is always awesome, but when you're a missionary it's amazing times a thousand!! Is there any question now how important it is to teach our children? I am so thankful for the prophet, the apostles, and all the other church leaders who guide us in all we should do! Between sessions yesterday, S. Parry and Elders Carrinder and Howell and I dyed easter eggs! It was a blast and now we have yummy hardboiled eggs for the next week or so!

I know the church is true, I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, I know our Savior lives, and I know as we teach our children about Him, we will ensure strong leaders in tomorrow's church! The gospel is true, and I love all of you! :)

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

Please forward to Lance, Bethany, and Michelle

Lance- I got your email-- I love you... Letter soon :)
Bethany-- Your wedding date is OFFICIALLY on my 6-week planner! HOLY COW!!!

No comments: