Monday, March 29, 2010

"Cherish Virtue-- God will bless the pure in heart!"

Hello Wonderful Family!

What a wonderful week this has been up here in The Ohio! The complete highlight of the week was Saturday at 2:00 when Nancy Abernathy was baptized by proper authority a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! The day went smoothly and there was such a wonderful spirit in attendance. There was a great turnout, and already Nancy is making friends who will be there to help her acclimate to her new life sans Earl but with the gospel! We met with her last Tuesday, and she made the comment, "Maybe I needed to be with Earl even though everything went South so I could be introduced to the gospel..." YES NANCY!!! YES!!! It was great. Yesterday, after she was confirmed with the Holy Ghost, she was glowing. I asked her if she would write down the feelings she had been feeling since her baptism and after her confirmation, and she promised. I am so proud of her... I just know her life is going to be immeasurably blessed. She brought with her to her baptism Saturday two of her best friends who were nothing but supportive of her and her 14 year old granddaughter. Nancy is going to be the spark all her friends and family need to bring them the gospel!

In other news, I found out people hunt for food... because they need to. NOT necessarily because they want to make deer jerky or whatever. There are lots of people who hunt up here because they can't afford meat. Wow, who knew?! Oh, and I had vennison at dinner with the Crook family yesterday. It tasted just like potroast. The Crooks also have chickens and baby chicks... I got to hold one. I WANT chickens!

I learned how to play Book of Mormon Stories on the piano. I am determined, on my p-day, to learn how to play at least a few key songs. I'll send a recording :)

Sister Parry and I got to watch the YW Broadcast. It was awesome and totally set the tone for me for conference. Speaking of Conference. it is this weekend! I'm so excited... Be there or be square!

I'm sorry this email is so short, but I'm out of time. Know that I love you all. The gospel is true, and through the atonement, we can all return to live with our Heavenly Father again one day. I love you-- The gospel is true!

Love
,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: