Monday, March 8, 2010

"...They are generous and brave; They have precious souls to save; They must listen and obey the gospel's sound."

Greetings from Ohio where the sun is shining and the sky is beautiful!

I just loved reading all of your emails! Thanks for the cards and letters this week, it really helps to hear from my wonderful family-- it totally lifts my spirits!

Audrey turns one this week, and I am so sad I'm missing the no doubt awesome day you'll all have celebrating her birth! Hopefully the weather will be nicer this year than it was last year!

How is my blog? Is someone keeping it updated? You could maybe scan some of the pics and put them up to sort of document as we go with emails and letter excerpts, etc. Bravo to you if you already are though :)


I really am just loving the people up here... Here are some broad generalizations about the Newarkians: +Everyone smokes
+Everyone has at least one cat
+People have these cute wooden baskets in their front lawn they use as planters. Way cute. I want one.
+Most people have these little geese on their porch that they dress up. Kind of cute. A little Creepy.
+Rapture balls. look them up.
+A lot of people have porch swings... if they dont though, they just stick an old couch on their porch. Everyone is very resourceful!

This week we met Tevin (like Kevin with a 'T'<-- as per Sister Parry). She's a senior in high school and she's had a super duper rough eighteen years. When school was canceled because of all the snow, she spent her time on mormon.org growing a testimony. We taught her the first lesson Friday night and asked her if she would get baptized when she knew it was true. She said, "Well, see, the thing is, I kind of know it's true already." AHH!!! So, this is what being a missionary feels like! She technically lives in Zanesville, so she isn't actually ours, but we met her because her best friend is in our ward-- so we'll see what happens with her! Keep her in your prayers though, as she is having to overcome a lot of dark personal trials.

My other 'good news minute' has to do with Nancy who is in her 60's and married to a less active member (for the last 18 years) He's leaving her in June to re-marry the woman he's divorced twice... But she is still solid and decided yesterday she wants to get baptized on March 27!!! She also has a lot of hard things in her life to deal with, but I know she's receiving so much strength from the Lord.

I have to go, but I love you all so so much. I'll write more in letters today <3

All my love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

PS- when you send me my glasses (hopefully ASAP) please send my churchy CDs. Ipods have been outlawed, and I'm so over the 5 CDs we have :)


Lance-- Send this to SUE vis Email, please

Sue,
Thanks so much for thinking of me--- I'm serving a mission for my church in Ohio until next summer... So I'll be out of commission for a bit! Tell the kiddos "hi" for me, and good luck with the trips out of town! I miss you guys, and think of you often!

Love,
Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: