Monday, March 15, 2010

You can live a happy life in this world of toil and strife, if there's sunshine in your heart!

Hello all you wonderful, happy people!

Thanks for the letters and emails this week, I feel so loved and well connected. It is so great to get uplifting things from you all! Mom, the pictures were great... way to go documenting things when I'm not there, and Cam, I just loved that video. Could little Miss Audrey get any dang cuter!??!

First and most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS Cody and Caitlin! I'm so happy and excited for this new step in your life... I would love to get a wedding announcement!!

Things here in the Ohio are super... We're sort of in a holding pattern right now, A few possible investigators have popped up in the last week. I finally met Eddie's mom, Pat. She's in a rest home right now withdrawing from all the prescription pain/anti-depressant/sleep medications her doctors have taken her off of. That's our over-prescribed country for you though! She's wonderful, and she wants so badly to live a better life. We will have the opportunity to visit her in this rest home every day for the next month. I am so thankful for this time I can devote to service! It always makes her face light up to see us!

Tevin is still spectacular. She is finding that she can trust in God because he is the one being who will NEVER let her down. I just wish she realized her divine nature and individual worth. I am so thankful for the young womens program that drilled this into me when I was a young angsty teenager!

In other news, Bob may or may not be dead. It's been two weeks since we heard from him/he's been home. The police went and searched his apartment to make sure he wasn't dead on the bathroom floor, and they (luckilly) turned up empty-handed. No one knows where he could be, we pray daily for his safety.

This Wednesday we have our Mission Tour Conference Elder Evans of the seventy will be speaking to us, and in preparation for that I have been reading a lot in the scriptures. I never realized haw missionary-action-packed the entire book of Alma is. Holy cow. What I love about that story is how bad they started out and in a truly repentant way, how good they became and how many souls they brought unto Christ. Isn't it great how we can utilize the atonement and repent when we need to and its as if out infractions never even happened!? I am so thankful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I particularly love the story of the prison walls tumbling down in Alma 15. Read it and realize the power we have through our unwavering faith. Faith is power. Never forget that-- we have power according to our faith!

I love you all a ton, stay strong in the gospel, and always work to increase your faith! Remember-- if you're not moving forward, you're moving backward!

Love you all forever and for always,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: