Monday, July 19, 2010

"In ancient days, the gospel plan was giv'n of God to men; In latter days, the gospel is restored to the earth again"

Hello wonderful family,

Wow, I have felt a particular dose of love from you all this last week-- for no in particular reason that I can see, I have just felt extra love. So, thank you for whatever you're doing... Keep it up!
Good news-- At zone conference on Thursday, President Jensen came up to Sister Lewis and me and said, "Congratulations on converting your bishop!" Well, when we looked at him with puzzled faces, he explained, "About a week after you got to Springboro, I got an email from your bishop telling me that the Springboro ward needed elders because they have 16 priests! Well, earlier this week I got another email from him telling me how wonderful the two of you are and thanking me for being inspired to put sisters in the area. Congratulations on converting your bishop!"

Pretty much, Sister Lewis and I were floating when we heard this tidbit and it was just a further testimony that prayer works and mission assignments are inspired. When we were in PEC on Sunday morning reporting about the week's work, we found out that we had gotten into two different homes that (we didn't know) are on the 'Do Not Contact' list. In both instances, we had wonderfully positive conversations with these sisters, and we look forward to serving them more and loving them back into activity. Missionary work is wonderful and inspired and I am so grateful to be a part of it!

Last night, Richard (just baptized last Saturday the 10th) and his momma, Sheila (an investigator), came with us to the Dayton Stakes Mission Fireside where President Jensen and members of the stake presidency spoke. It was a wonderfully positive experience and I know Richard and Sheila felt the spirit strongly. They have such a strong relationship and they both just want to do what's right. Despite opposition from Richard's sister, he is strong and unwavering in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Saturday night the Clawsons invited Richard's family and several other ward members over for a barbecue-- several of Richard's friends got together and bought him a leather quad and gave it to him that night. He was so excited!! Good friends are the best! Next Sunday, Sheila is having us over for lunch after church... There was talk of biscuits and gravy. I'm excited!

I know the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored and I know that it's on the earth today. I know we are happy when we live the commandments. I know families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan. I love our Savior, Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful for His atoning sacrifice. Be happy-- The gospel is true!

Love you all TONS,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: