Monday, July 26, 2010

Count Your Many Blessings, Name them One By One...

Hello Dear Family,

I love you tons and completely think the world of you... Thanks for being so amazing!

We were blessed to hear from a youth speaker in church yesterday and in his talk he challenged us all to make a list of 50 things we're grateful for every day for a week, then at the end of each day, say a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for these things and His wonderful benevolence. He promised that in so doing, we would be more aware of our blessings and the Lord's tender mercies in our lives... then, at the end of the week we would have a knowledge of at least 350 things we're grateful and Heavenly Father would know of our gratitude! I loved this challenge and I will be doing it this week-- I invite all of you to do this with me and notice all the blessings you have in your lives. One thing has become abundantly clear to me in these last six months and it it that Heavenly Father is so aware of us and merciful towards us--- He blesses us with things daily, but... is it really a blessing if we don't notice it?

The Ohio continues to be amazing. I love it here and with each day I come to a more perfect knowledge that this is right where I am supposed to be right now in my life!

We began teaching Alice this week. She requested a Book of Mormon while visiting Temple Square. When we delivered it to her and asked her to if she would read and and pray about it, she said, "Of course! That's why I ordered it!"

I LOVED that response! We have a return appointment this Wednesday with her! I feel so blessed to be a part of this great work!

The gospel is true and families are forever-- Of this I am SURE.
Smile... Life is too short to be grumpy. Just count your MANY blessings!

All my love,
Sister LeSueur

No comments: