Monday, August 9, 2010

"Does the journey seem long, the pathway rugged and steep? ...Take his hand and with him enter in."

Helloooooo Family!

Wow, what a week it has been...Transfers came, and we were so sure we would be unaffected by them-- but the Lord had different plans for us! Sister Lewis was transferred to the East Gate in Batavia, Ohio, and Sister Stephanie Angell (who came from the MTC with Sister Lewis) got transferred into Springboro with me from Lancaster! I was sad to see my blonde twin go, but Sister Lewis is fantastic and I just know we are going to do amazing work together!

There's a new sister in our ward-- Grace Hsu. She just moved here two weeks ago from Taiwan. She is speaks Chinese and Japanese fluently, and we have begun reading the Book of Mormon with her in English so she can get better at the language which she is surrounded by. She was baptized in September 2008 in Taiwan, and she has one of the sweetest testimonies I have ever heard. This just proves that the spirit speaks in a universal language... I am so impressed by her-- she has come faithfully to church these last two weeks even though her roommate is opposed to Christianity, even though she has no car, and even though she can barely understand what is being said. She said she looks forward to church every week because of the peace she feels there. I just love her, and she has no idea of the influence she has had on me this week!

I know this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it was restored to the prophet Joseph Smith. I know the Book of Mormon is the true word of God and I know we can come to know Him and His plan for us through studying it.

Have a wonderful week and know how much I love you all!

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: