Monday, August 30, 2010

O thou who changest not, abide with me!

Hello wonderful family!

It has only been a few short days since I was last able to email you all... Not many new developments except for that I decided that Sunday is definitely NOT a day of rest when you are a missionary! It's probably our BUSIEST day, and I love it... But I am very grateful they put preparation day on Monday-- a day to recoup from the Sabbath!

I thought today, I would share with you parts of my testimony-- It's strong and growing every day.

I am so grateful for the never-changing gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the Atonement and the change we can all bring about in ourselves through it and with the Lord's help. I am grateful for prayer and for the chance we have to communicate with the Lord through it-- He answers us, I know he does, and he always answers us with exactly what we need. I know there are angels among us, and many times it is you and I who get to me those angels! We must be worthy to receive the promptings from the lord to do the things he needs us to do! I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible contain the words of the Lord and His prophets-- I know that when we study it, we can come to know Him and what we need to do to return to live with Him again. We must study the scriptures and work daily to improve our conversations with the Lord through prayer-- that is the nourishment our spirits need!! I know we lived with our Father in Heaven before we came to earth-- He is the literal father of our spirits. I know we can return to live with him again some day if we are worthy and faithful. I know families can be together forever through the priesthood ordinances performed in the temple... I am so grateful for this knowledge! The gospel is true-- live it and love it!

Have a really great week-- look for the opportunities you will have to help one of the brothers or sisters placed in your path on his or her way back to our Father in Heaven. I know you will be blessed with the opportunity if you truly want it!

Love you tons,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: