Monday, August 16, 2010

And when the tempest rages high I feel no arm around me thrust, but every storm goes rolling by when I repose in him my trust

Dearest family,

What a great day-- the gospel is true and it's only 85* outside! Fall is indeed on its way!

We had a really neat experience with a new investigator last night-- Her name is Robyn and she was vacationing in San Diego with her daughter. While they were there, they went to the new Mormon Batallion Visitor's Center and she requested a copy of the Book of Mormon. When we delivered it to her last night, she was sincerely interested in knowing if the church is true and was excited to receive her own copy of the Book of Mormon. The lesson was only mediocre as far as the actual teaching went, but the spirit was so strong, I know He was the real teacher there. It just reminded me, no matter how flawed we are, if we're where we need to be, doing the things we need to do, Heavenly Father--one way or another-- makes up the difference. I know I am so inadequate in this work, but through God, my shortcomings are smoothed over and He is able to use me as a tool to bring my brothers and sisters unto Him. That's what happened last night, and that was amazing to be a part of.

I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be able to share the truthfulness of the gospel with The Ohio! I am constantly amazed by the miracles and tender mercies of the Lord in our lives... Sister Schaefer is one of the ward missionaries. Her husband has had quite a lot of medical difficulties and she has been forced to be the provider for their family these last seven or so years-- so she opened a bakery and is the cake lady now! Things are rough as his health continues to go up and down, and financially they have a hard time every month, but she is always so quick to point out the blessings she has received on an hourly basis. I want to be like that, and that is what I will focus on this week... noticing all the things Heavenly Father blesses me with constantly throughout the day. I invite y'all to join me... Let's take time to notice all the good things and silver linings in our lives!

The gospel is true, Christ is our savior, and Heavenly Father loves us :)

Have a phenomenal week <3

Love,
Sister Chelsea Lynn LeSueur

No comments: