Thursday, August 26, 2010

Families can be together forever-- through Heavenly Father's plan...

I feel so blessed because today I have had the chance to be spiritually fed as I attended the temple with my district. It is just amazing to have the opportunity to attend the temple quarterly as a missionary. So many missionaries aren't able to go at all on their missions. Some people laugh that I prayed to go on a mission to somewhere that has a temple, but there is an undeniable power that the temple has-- we have been working with several less active members to turn their sights toward the temple, and I know it is because I have had the chance to attend regularly that I understand the importance of having a goal like that. I am not a missionary to baptize people, I'm a missionary to bring families to the temple so they can be together forever through faithfulness to the covenants they make there. Ahh! The gospel is true and the priesthood power Heavenly Father entrusts us with is amazing and real and what can bind us to him and to each other for eternity!

We have been working with this wonderful woman, Linda, this week. She is a friend of Julianna Schaefer in the ward, and she is one of the kindest, most genuine people I've met. She has a hard time with organized religion-- so we've been serving and loving her this week. I know she will someday be dressed in white making covenants with our Heavenly Father-- in the mean time, we will teach her as we serve her!

We have been teaching a man, Kent, who is baptist and was saved about 5 years ago. When we explained to him the Plan of Salvation, he got teary eyed as he explained that his son who died a couple years ago hadn't been 'saved' and he was told by his preacher that he is in hell because of that.. He explained that the Plan of Salvation made so much sense beacuse he KNEW his son wasn't damned. It just didn't make sense to him how that could be. We asked him if he would be baptized by someone holding the propper priesthood authority when he came to know the gospel is true and he said, "absolutely!" Now we wait for him to get his answer-- he is an amazing man who is so sincere in his desire for knowlege. Keep him in your prayers :)

Life is good. Ohio is amazing. Being a missionary is awesome. The gospel is true. Families are forever.

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: