Monday, October 11, 2010

The Lord has said a heartfelt song by righteous ones is prayer

Hello all you wonderful people!!

I am one of the luckiest people alive because I get to share the gospel with my brothers and sisters here in The Ohio, do lots of wonderful service, and meet and serve with so many wonderful sisters in the gospel whom I have a lot to learn from. Am I not just incredibly blessed?!

It has been an amazing week which got interesting when we got a phonecall from the assistants on Tuesday night telling us we would be going on EXCHANGES with the Beaver Creek sisters the next day. Well, for some of you returned missionaries who were elders, this might not be anything special-- but for me, this is the first time in nine months I have had the blessing to learn from a temporary companion! I was thrilled! Sister Iottita came to Springboro. She's from Kidibest (spelling? a tiny island by the marshall islands) and she is so humble and gave me a good dose of humility. My goodness-- she's a canvert since 14 and the only member of her family. She has no support from her parents and she went to the MTC with a pair of flip flops and a backpack. The MTC hooked her up with clothes and suitcases... She's only been speaking English since April and she's amazing. We went tracting that night after a few appointments, and she was fearless-- people just LOVED her. It was an amazing experience. Sister Angell learned a lot from Sister Seibel in Beaver Creek, and when we got back together on Thursday, we were both rejuvenated with a lot of great ideas to implement here in Springboro and with our companionship!
On Friday we were blessed to be able to help the Leisz family dig potatoes. This might not sound like much, but we have been trying to teach this very less active family since I got here FOUR months ago. We really have been wanting to get into their home and help reactivate them and teach the dad/grandpa the missionary lessons, but there are always excuses... Finally through the over the top enthusiasm I had at the prospect of helping them dig the potatoes on their farm, Sister Leisz agreed to let us come help... So help we did, and we had some good conversations while doing so. We'll be back to help Wednesday. I have never been so grateful to be out in the dirt in 80* weather in my life! haha, Through small things are great things brought to pass.

Happy birthday this week Trev... and Happy Columbus day today!! Ohio COLUMBUS mission represent!

I love the Lord, I love this gospel, I love the scriptures, I love you guys, and I love being a missionary. Life is good :)

Have a good week and go do some good!

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: