Monday, October 18, 2010

Time flies on wings of lightning; We cannot call it back. It comes and passes forward along its onward track...

Well hello all-- It has been another amazing week here in The Ohio as a servant of the Lord! How blessed I am to be a part of this great work!

Yesterday (the 17th) was the day I designated as my 9 month mark since I left home on the 27th of January and will be leaving my new home on the 7th of next July. Improve the shining moments was the opening hymn in sacrament meeting with the second verse quoted above, I felt that it was an incredibly appropriate hymn for the occasion. Wow... Time sure does fly.

As I sat in the first hour of church yesterday after greeting all the members as they arrived, I was looking around the chapel and I realized that I truly and completely love everyone who was sitting in that chapel and so many who weren't. I love this area. I love this ward. I love the members here. I love the people we're teaching... I am so filled with love. What an amazing '9 month mark' present from the Lord :)

Earlier this week when we were volunteering at the Springboro Food Pantry we met this wonderful 89-year-young woman, Louise Rugland. She has been receiving help from the food pantry and decided she would come help out before picking up her food. When she saw us, she asked us what ward we were in... When we told her, we asked her if she was also a member of the church-- she explained that she wasn't, but she took lessons from the missionaries in California years ago. She was almost baptized 'till someone she worked with who was a bishop of his ward was found to be a polygamist :-/ Hah, so we talked to her for a while and set up a time to come by and learn more about her... When we went to her house, we got to learn more about who she is and I think she will one day be baptized. She needs to work to be more secure temporally first, and we will help her with that, but when she gets more stable, the Lord and the gospel will be there!

Ahh, time is up-- but there was lots of good things that happened this week. Look for a letter coming soon!

I know the gospel is true. I know it with all my heart and mind.

I love you all so so much-- Have a really great week :)

Love, Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: