Monday, October 25, 2010

...And pray for strength that we may say, as He, "Thy will O Lord be done."

Well, "The time has come,"President Jensen Said, "to transfer you again."
"You'll be doubled in to whitewash an area, and be prepared to train!"
"What?" I cried! "Doubled in again? But I just got here and I don't want to go! What will happen to those I've grown so much to love!? And surely there are so many more qualified to train a new missionary than I. Nevertheless, If this be the Lord's will, Here I come..."

And here I am. Galion, Ohio in the Columbus North stake with the amazing Sister Kelly Lillywhite from Salt Lake City, Utah. I love it here. Hah, I'm in another mushroom hut like I was in Moundbuilders-- but the tossing and turning I was doing Wednesday night before transfers was all in vain. The amazing Elders Conley and Hepworth cleaned that apartment up really well-- Mad props to them. I think a question I will ask my future spouse will be what shape his missionary apartments were in... But I don't even have to think about that for a really long time! :)

So, Sister Lillywhite is going to be a preschool teacher, was a theatre major, loves music, her birthday is 11 days before mine (Nov 12th) and is a HAPPY person! I am SO excited for this transfer!

Galion is a tiny town and our ward has huge boundaries with only about 80 people that come regularly. Most of the ward is related to each other in one way or another, there are two active laurels to come out with us and they are both the bishop's daughters! There is definitely some good work to do here!

We have been trying to meet the members and all the current and former investigators. Friday we met Brenda and Tyson. Tyson is Brenda's 32 year old blind son. They live together and have been meeting with the missionaries for about a year. They had some huge concerns after family members showed them lots of anti literature... We sat down and explained through the spirit the doctrine behind their concerns. After they felt the spirit, we felt prompted to invite them both to be baptized on the 27th of November. Tyson LOVED the idea of being baptized near Thanksgiving and they both accepted. They still have a long way to go, but we are excited to be their guides!

Thursday night
, we met with Jeff. Jeff's wife and two sons are members of the ward and he's got some big things to overcome before he will be baptized, but I think that he needs sisters... We've heard that from a lot of people-- that sisters NEED to be here right now. Well, I'm happy to oblige, and it is a nice change from Springboro where the bishop and the WML were mortified that the Lord would send them sisters. Haha, that turned out to be fine, we won them over-- but It it neat to see the contrast :)

Well, dear family, I feel so blessed to be a missionary. I feel blessed to have a testimony of the gospel. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to be with you for all eternity. Lets keep our covenants so that will happen!! Go out and find someone to lift up today-- You have the power to be an angel in someone's life :)

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: