Monday, November 15, 2010

I believe in Christ, so come what may...

Wow, dear family, it has been an amazing week here in the great OCM!

It all started Monday with an amazing lesson with Jeff Boyd where we invited him to pray daily, even if it is just to say, ''hi''. We had the former bishop and his wife, the Goodwins, with us, and they were the perfect people for the lesson. Before Bishop Goodwin was a member he had lived a little riotously and he helped Jeff understand how the Atonement can change people. It was an amazing lesson, but with so many people who love talking (and lots of good things to talk about) we left a little later than we had hoped and didn't get home 'till 915. Well, now let's rewind to the night before, Sunday. Sister Lillywhite had left the dome light on in our car without realizing it. So, when we got a knock on our door at about 1010, we weren't quite sure what to suspect. It was our neighbor from the building by where we park and he told us about our lit light. We thanked him, he said, "no problem, the boys used to do it all the time..." and took care of the light and when we came back into our apartment, I felt the strongest impression that we needed to teach him the gospel. I told Sister Lillywhite this and we were in agreement. So, now fast-forward to Monday night at 915 when we pulled into the parking lot, there was our neighbor, standing outside smoking. I have never been so glad to see someone smoke in all my life! We went and talked to him, and in so doing, found out that he wants to get married and have a family but there "just aren't any girls with morals anymore". We also found out that the way the country is operating now makes him nervous. He told us how he has been watching Glen Beck and totally agrees with much of what he says. Then he said, "I've actually been looking into his religion... do you know anything about mormons?"

AHHHH!!! YES!!! Thank you Glen Beck! We talked about how hope and faith in God allows us to do good things which will make the world a better place (Ether 12:4) then we asked him if we left him with a copy of the Book of Mormon if he would read it. He said, "Yes, I've actually been online looking at religion and where I could find one of these". There's no doubt in my mind that he has been prepared by a loving Heavenly Father to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ-- part of his preparation was all these missionaries who absent-mindedly leave the car light on!

This weekend we had stake conference in which the choir sang 'I Believe in Christ' arranged by Mac Wilburg. It was the most powerful rendition I have heard of the hymn I have ever heard... I got chills when they sang, "I Believe in Christ, so come what may... With Him I'll stand at that great day." As tears welled up in my eyes, I realized that no matter what happens, as long as I believe in Christ and let my actions show it, everything will be alright. I believe in Christ, so come what may...I am so grateful for our Savior who knows how to love us and take care of us perfectly. The Atonement is real and we must understand how it applies to us and the change it can bring about in our lives. I believe in Christ!!

I love you guys so much... Next preparation day we're taking on Tuesday instead of Monday... Tuesday just happens to be my birthday (23 on the 23rd) and we're going to the temple. I can't think of any better way to spend my birthday than in the service of the Lord serving my brothers and sisters beyond the veil. It will be marvelous :)

Have a great week-- smile, the gospel is true!!

Love,
Sister Chelsea Lynn LeSueur

No comments: