Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh there's sunshine, blessed sunshine, when the peaceful happy moments roll!

Dear wonderful family,

I love life. It was a beautiful sunshiney day on this, the 23rd of November. Heavenly Father loves me!

Thank you so much to all of you who have sent me birthday greetings-- I've felt an abundance of love this last week with all the mail that has come my way... Can it be my birthday every week? ;)

Just kidding-- we've been teaching the Plan of Salvation a lot this last week, so I know perfectly well that if it was my birthday EVERY week, it wouldn't be as cool. "There must needs be opposition in all things"! I get it-- but it has been nice, so thank you. Really, thank you :)

I went to send Cam a birthday present this last week and the only tape I had was duct tape to keep the brown paper package together... When I got to the post office, the lady looked at me funny then said, "next time you send a package, try not to use duct tape..." When I asked her why, she said, duct tape is the preferred tape of bombers. Haha-- that's me. The missionary mail bomber. Ha, it made me laugh. Don't worry, Cam, it won't explode upon opening. Scout's honor! :)

New awesomeness this week includes Jeff Boyd asking us about the logistics of being baptized and the epiphany he had that he doesn't have to be perfect to be baptized... HUGE developments with him this week and we're going over there tonight to teach him more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is SO CLOSE! Pray for him?

Brenda and Tyson are struggling right now. They have amazing experiences and then question them-- it is heart-wrenching to watch! I can only imagine how Heavenly Father feels when we vacillate between righteous and unrighteous choices.

Really neat experience Sunday when our 12-year-old recent convert, who was baptized right before Sister Lillywhite and I got here, was ordained into the Aaronic priesthood this last Sunday and his dad came for the ordination! He really enjoyed church, and sat in on Xavier's recent convert lesson which just happened to be on the Plan of Salvation which just happened to be PERFECT for what he needed. We gave Xavier a family proclamation and asked if he would read it with his family and HIS DAD, Joe, said they would! That was so amazing to hear. After the lesson, Sister Lillywhite and I were comparing notes, and as we were teaching them, we BOTH could picture Joe in white getting baptized. It'll happen :)

I love being a missionary. The gospel is so true. Jesus is the Christ. Families are forever.

Go be a missionary in your corner of the world <3

Love,
Sister Chelsea-a-Lynn LeSueur

No comments: