Monday, February 14, 2011

If there's sunshine in your heart...

Dear family,

Happy Valentines day!

It's 38* outside and it is DELIGHTFUL! I never thought I would be so excited about temperatures in the high 30s, but here we are-- by the end of this week, we should be up to the 50s and I can't wait... I'm breaking out the short sleeve shirts and sunscreen already! Hah, just kidding, but we are very excited! Bring on the sun!

After the discouraging week last week, I went to zone conference completely drained and deflated Tuesday morning. By the end of the six hours of being fed spiritually by President Jensen, the assistants, and the zone leaders, I left feeling happy and ready to convert the world. It was a reminder to me that we must allow ourselves to be spiritually fed in order to keep going-- Increasing our testimonies is a vital part of 'enduring to the end' and sometimes that gets put on the back-burner as we spend our days feeding and increasing others' testimonies. Now, I'm not saying we should lessen how much of our time and energies we give, BUT I am saying that we need to make sure we're providing ourselves with enough oil in our own lamps so we have something to give. When I went to zone conference, It refilled my lamp with the oil I needed to continue fueling others' lamps, and it made me realize that I need to figure out a better way to study in my personal studies which will prepare me for the lessons we have coming up AND give me the spiritual strength I need. Any thoughts would be so greatly appreciated!

Regina has been taught all the lessons and been interviewer in preparation for her upcoming baptism this Saturday! She and her husband are moving to Mansfield right after the baptism, so after this week, she'll be attending that ward, but I know the ward will do a great job of fellow-shipping her. Because of this sudden transition, we are having 0ne of the talks and one of the prayers and the pianist come from Mansfield-- the other things will be done by members she already knows from the Clearfork ward. Hopefully she will understand how much she is loved in both places and will feel double the support! She's wonderful and we're praying that her husband's heart might be softened and that he will be open to receiving the gospel in his life so they can become a forever family. Please keep Regina and James Parsons in your prayers :)

By the way-- Carla will be speaking on the holy ghost, and Lee will be baptizing Regina. I love seeing recent converts progress and serve! Ooh, and Marla was just sustained and set apart as the new visiting teaching supervisor-- They're doing well :)

I love this gospel. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I love the chance we can bring about in our lives through repentance. I love that the love of a family can last forever and be deepened and increased through the plan of salvation and temple covenants. I love the temple. I love missionary work, and I love you! Have a wonderful week <3

Love, Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: