Monday, February 21, 2011

Tune them with the key of love

Hello all you wonderful people whom I love so much!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the wonderful Valentines day paper crane notes... It made me feel so loved and reminded me how blessed I am that our family can be together forever! This was the best Valentines Day I've ever had. Truly it was a day of LOVE!

It has been an excellent week, peaking this last Saturday when Regina Parsons entered into the waters of baptism! It was a beautiful 50*, blue sky day (the highest it's been since October) and I told Regina that God gave her a beautiful day for her baptism... She said, "I know, I was praying for it!" The power of faith is real because yesterday it was back to the freezing rain, snow, and 30* weather more typical of Ohio in February-- Daddy, you said it was 80* in Dallas last week? Enjoy it! :)

Regina's baptismal service was excellent... She is moving to Mansfield in the next two weeks, so unfortunately the Clearfork ward doesn't get to keep her-- but Mansfield is just the next town over, so there are lots of ties in between the two wards, and I know she'll be well taken care of over there! Anywho, for the service we had one of the two talks and one of the two prayers be given by a member from Mansfield; there were several members there, and Regina felt well loved! She was glowing the whole weekend!

We had a neat experience earlier in the week-- Marla and Carla's mom had a heart attack and was in the hospital down in Columbus. She really loved us the three times we've met before, and asked if we would be able to come and see her. Normally we wouldn't have been able to because of how far away we are from EVERYTHING, but because of the ice storms we had the first week of this month, our new missionary/trainer meeting was rescheduled for last Tuesday and it was only about 15 minutes away from the hospital Delilah was at. We received permission to go and went to the hospital and told her how much we love her. We were only able to stay about half an hour and when we left, I 'forgot' the copy of the Book of Mormon I was carrying on the chair in her room. After we left, Marla said her mom saw it and said, "Oh no, that girl left her book here!" to which Marla replied, "Well, there must be a reason for it... are you going to read it?" and Delilah said, "Probably..." Well, I didn't really think anything else about that until Sunday when, in Relief Society, our lesson was on service and the instructor asked what service we had received in the previous week and Marla talked about how we went out of our way to see her mom and it really meant a lot, not only to Delilah, but to Marla as well. Marla also said that her mom's heart has been softened significantly towards the church because of this... so when I was complaining about all the ice earlier in the month and all the meetings that were canceled and all the days we couldn't leave the apartment.... I take it all back! Heavenly Father knows what is best and I need to trust in Him more. Because the meeting was rescheduled we were able to go to the hospital and see Delilah last week and she is being prepared to receive the gospel. Heavenly Father's plan is always the best!

We were reading the Book of Mormon last night as a companionship and we were reading 2 Nephi 4-- 'Nephi's Psalm'... I feel so much like Nephi. Why should I ever be discouraged? Why should I ever give into temptation ' that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul'? Why should I be angry or slacken my strength? I echo Nephi when I say, " Awake my soul, no longer droop in sin! Rejoice, o my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul... O lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness!" As I work to increase in my Christ-like attributes, I know I can become more like Nephi. He wasn't perfect over night and neither will any of us be... We must make it a constant process to become like Christ and as we work on things like patience, charity, and diligence, we too can have the faith and zeal of Nephi, Moses, and Samuel the Lamanite-- but it's a process! Let us work every day to have the faith they have!

I love this gospel-- It's true and I am so grateful for my savior, Jesus Christ. It is only through Him that we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. Families are forever, and for this knowledge I am eternally grateful! Have an excellent week <3

Love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

No comments: