Monday, May 11, 2009

My Perfectly Perky Perspective of Last Weeks Events

This last week was a whirlwind of family togetherness- It was awesome, and I loved it! Here are only five of the many good things that happened last week:

1. I learned from my Tick-Tock Grandma how to make strawberry freezer jam, I learned from my Papa-Bama Grandma how to make bread, and I have been enjoying the taste of my newly-found skills!
2. I bought a vogue doll pattern and a way cute apron pattern! I told Audrey I would make her her first dolly... and with all my friends who are getting married this summer, I certainly have my work cut out for me as far as the aprons go! I'll be getting busy on these two projects soon!
3. When I got to work on Saturday, the first thing my manager said to me was, "Oh, thank goodness you're here!" They needed another server there who actually knew what she was doing-- and that server was me! It is such a good feeling to know I am appreciated and a valued employee! :)
4. We had a lovely Mother's day, and I was delighted to be able to spend it with my momma, my two grandmommas, and the newest member of the momma's club- my sister! We had a delicious shrimp/corn/potato boil, and garnished our dinner with the watermelon we bought at the farmer's market!
5. Cami and Kevin finally announced they would be starting a family blog. Not an un-blog. Not an email with weekly updates. But a real live blog! It will be set to private, but if you want to know about the happenings in the Jensen family from someone besides Auntie Chelsea, have them add you to their list of blog readers!

"For today and it's blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude!"
-Anonymous

1 comment:

Patrick and Michelle Hinckley said...

You use a lot of colors! haha! I love you! And I am SO excited for dinner too!