Thursday, May 28, 2009

Two Days of Bliss

Lance starts summer classes this Tuesday, and in order to get all moved into his new apartment, he left today for Waco. Sad. BUT, we did get to hang out all day Tuesday and Wednesday! Here are some of the highlights- starting Wednesday and working backwards :)

Wednesday night, after having lunch with his wonderful Grandma Clark and (successfully) searching for Lance's new dresser at Ikea, we went to color me mine and painted a "you are special" plate and some way cute salt and pepper shakers- these pictures were taken after we painted them, but before they were glazed... so the colors will be more vibrant than the pictures show, but I think everything turned out so super duper cute!

Lance's salt and pepper shakers are so darling all inversely painted!

I think my plate turned out pretty cute too! The idea is to use this plate for dinner, treats, etc. whenever someone has had a hard week or has done something awesome- I'm so excited to use it in my family now, and for my kiddos in the future!

Our messy table!

Here we are with our masterpieces! We both LOVE Color Me Mine!

Tuesday Night was my half-birthday celebration-- my halfie was really on Saturday, but since it was Memorial day weekend, I couldn't take off work, so we celebrated Tuesday! Lance took me to the Dallas aquarium, and then we met up with our friends Drew and Ashley to watch the Yankees get pummeled by the Rangers! (Still working backwards) here are some pictures from that day!
We had awesome seats right behind the bull-pen. It was so cool to see the pitchers up close!

This sign made me smile all night! In case you can't tell, it's a needle with the word A-FRAUD written on it. hahaha. It still makes me laugh!

Only in Texas... This guy was pretty entertaining to watch!

Tuesday Morning, after making breakfast together, we headed to downtown Dallas for the aquarium... I have wanted to go for such a long time, and we finally went! It was such an awesome place- I highly reccomend it :)
Behind it was the waterfall, and below us were a bunch of sea turtles and manitees and really really big fish. Awesome to see them all up close! It was really humid inside, so we both left with our hair looking lovely...

Here is one of the super cute manitees, trying to eat a root off the tree. Isn't he just darling!?

I love being able to spend time with Lance. Since he lives about two and a half hours away from me most of the time, every minute we spend together is precious-- even if it's a comfortably quiet ride home, or sitting on the couch watching some TV, or taking a walk and talking. I love this boy, and I feel so lucky we were able to spend so much time together these last two weeks!

No comments: