Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Bonnet, a Blessing, and a Bad Bolting Beagle

Audrey Kate Jensen was given a name and a blessing at Sacrament meeting this morning in the Plano 9th Ward. She wore the blessing gown my Great-Grandma Brown (my mom's mom's mom) crocheted out of fine nylon thread for my mom when she was blessed in October of 1961 in the Lehi 1st ward in Mesa, Arizona. Camille wore the dress when she was blessed in January 1984 in Mesa 21st ward, still in Mesa, Arizona. Today, little Audrey carried on the tradition. Added to the beautiful dress was a darling pink afghan with white ribbon laced through the border made just for her by her Great-Grandma Jones (my mom's mom), and a sheer bonnet made just for her my her Grandma LeSueur (my mom). She looked just like a little angel sent from heaven above! :)

I love that she was so happy today! She only cried a little bit durring her blessing when she spit her binky out onto the floor...

If you look closely, you can see the beautiful stitch on the blanket. My grandma found this pattern when she was in Dallas for Thanksgiving, it took her about three weeks to finish it... She's so talented!
The whole Jensen family-- including the Molly the dog!!

This was everyone involved in the blessing. Audrey is hidden- but you get the idea! Both of my grandmas flew in for the blessing. We're so happy to have them here for a little bit of spring-time fun! Lance woke up at 7:00 this morning just to drive up here from Waco for the blessing. We were really glad he made it :)

Uncle Trevor with the little angel!

Four generations from the Jones line...

Parents and the LeSueur grandparents with baby Audrey

Audrey and Grandma LeSueur. Look at that bonnet- my mom made it at 11:00 last night for the 11:00 blessing this morning. I'm so glad I have such a talented momma to learn from!

Daddy/Daughter :)

I love this picture!

Audrey and her doting parents. They're such a cute little family!

Audrey's first eye-roll caught on camera... She IS her mother's daughter!


In other news, Buddy decided to make his great escape right before we took pictures and he took a five-and-a-half hour romp through the woods. He always knows how to make a day more memorable! After chasing him for about two hours, we finally decided to just let him chase rabbits until he got tired and HOPE he finds his way home... Scratches, thorns, blood, and all-- thank goodness he finally strolled home at 9:00... Dumb dog!

But overall, it was a wonderfuly blessed day :)

No comments: