Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Love to See the Temple...

I'm going there someday.
To feel the holy spirit,
to listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young.
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my father,
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a house of God,
Where we can be together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A family is forever!

Saturday morning, Lance, Bethany, and I went to the Nauvoo temple to do baptisms. It was such a wonderful and peaceful experience. Here are a few pictures...

The welcoming sign in front of the temple... And look at those beautiful flowers!


I really do love to see the temple!


The Nauvoo temple was rebuilt in 2002. I remember going to the open house with my mom and my sister... It was wonderful to go back inside again. The baptismal font is really beautiful, and there is a feeling there which is unsurpassed by any other place on earth. While sitting in the chapel before doing baptisms, I came across hymn #283, The Glorious Gospel Light Has Shone,

1. The glorious gospel light has shone
In this the latter day
With such intelligence that none
From truth need turn away.
The precious things which had been sealed
And from the world kept hid,
The Lord has to his Saints revealed

As anciently he did.

2. And thru the priesthood now restored
Again prepared the way
Thru which the dead may hear his word
And all his laws obey.

As Christ to spirits went to preach
Who were to prison led,
So many Saints have gone to teach
The gospel to the dead.

3. And we for them can be baptized,
Yes, for our friends most dear,
That they can with the just be raised
When Gabriel’s trump they hear;
That they may come with Christ again
When he to earth descends,
A thousand years with him to reign,
And with their earthly friends.

4. Now, O ye Saints, rejoice today
That you can saviors be
Of all your dead who will obey
The gospel and be free.

Then let us rise without restraint
And act for those we love,
For they are giving their consent
And wait for us to move.

This song brought tears to my eyes and helped me remember what everything is all about. It made me so thankful for the plan of salvation. I am so thankful for my eternal family, and the chance I have to do work for my ancestors. I am so thankful I will one day know all those who have come before me... I can't wait to meet those who have made sacrifices on my behalf without even knowing me. This song reminded me of how thankful I am for my heritage.

The beautiful flowers were present all throughout the temple grounds... I am so thankful for the flowers and the beauty they bring to the earth!


This was Lance's first time to go into the temple. I think he had a wonderful spiritual experience! Right before this picture was taken, bethany was stung by a bee who was flying around the flowers, polinating... ouch!


We have been best friends since third grade... that's twelve years! I am so thankful for her... She's been such a wonderful part of my life, always a good influence, and we have made a lot of really wonderful memories together :)

No comments: