Monday, June 8, 2009

Strolling Down Memory Lane...

I was going through pictures on my computer, and I realized there are so many excellent pictures with so many amazing memories attached to them. So I thought I would chronicle some of them here- a fun stroll down memory lane, if you will! :)

Where This Is: This was taken in Arizona at my cousin Tyler's wedding in July of 2003.
Why I Love It: My sister A-G-O-N-I-Z-E-D over getting her hair cut. While she was in the midst of this life-altering dilemma, I was carefree and living it up at EFY in Sherman, Texas with one Miss Bethany Malouf. The week ended on Friday, and I was leaving on Saturday with my family for Arizona When the week was over and I was back with my family, I saw my sister's cute haircut and I loved it. I had been thinking about cutting my hair for the couple of previous weeks, and so that night (while I was supposed to be cleaning my room) I took some scissors into the bathroom and went at it. My haircut in this picture was the result of that night in the bathroom. What? You say that it looks pretty much like my sister's? Yeah... she noticed that too. And even though I didn't mean to, she was convinced I purposely copied her haircut. After lots of tears, my dad being mad at me because before he really looked at it he thought I butchered my hair, and a few days of the silent treatment from Cam in Arizona-- we were finally able to stand together and take a picture. Now, its a funny family story we all like to laugh about :)

Where This Is: This picture was taken in 1967 at my mom's Uncle Ken's photography studio in Glendale, Arizona. My mom (the baby) was six, and my Uncle Jay (the oldest) was 17.
Why I Love It: The first time I saw this picture was at my grandpa's funeral, and I fell in love... We dug it out of the old storage shed- I think this is the only picture of my mom's whole entire family I have ever seen while my momma was little, and I love that everyone looks basically the same that they do now! This is a small glimpse into a whole other time!

Where This Is: This was taken in the Plano West theatre lobby my senior year, after the final performance of Little Shop of Horrors. I got to be 'pregnant' in the show... It was a fun costume!
Why I Love It: This was the last show I actually performed in at Plano West, and I had such a great time in it with all my friends! I designed this costume, and I loved the "homeless" makeup. Lots of good memories associated with this picture!

Where This Is: This is my joy school class in March of 1993. I was the only girl, and the tallest one by about a head and a half!
Why I Love It: Oddly enough, I actually remember this picture... I was five, and we had learned about doctors. After we made little doctor kits, stethoscopes, and headlights, we took this picture. I had so much fun with all these boys- mostly because they let me boss them around. Maybe that's where I got my need to be in charge?!

Where This Is: This is at the Dallas Museum of Art. I think we weren't supposed to take pictures... But we did anyways :)
Why I Love It: We always joke that Nick is like an old man, and when we saw this picture- It was like we got a glimpse into what Nick will look like in 60 years!

Where This Is: This was taken in San Diego when we were there for a LeSueur family reunion.
Why I Love It: This was the first REAL family reunion the LeSueurs had. My grandma wanted it in San Diego because that's where she and my grandpa took my dad and his two brothers when they were a young little family! This picture was taken outside the San Diego Zoo- this is me, my siblings, and all of my cousins except for three... I love this photo!


Stay tuned... More pictures to come!

No comments: