Sunday, June 14, 2009

GRATITUDE: -Noun. The quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful


This week I am grateful for:


1. A family who loves me and works together. Kevin, Cami, Momma, and myself planted flowers at the Lantana and Keller model homes Saturday morning. It was wonderful to do hard work with good company!

2. A little brother to tease/advise/love/call my own.

3. A job with good people where I can work hard and earn good money. On the Border has been such a great place to work. I got this job last summer, even though I didn't really need it-- but when I came back home for my internship this semester (that didn't pay) I sure was glad I had made those good connections last summer and was able to start working for them again!

4. A beautiful house in which to live in a beautiful place. This last week, we had a stretch of our famous "Texas summertime tornado" weather-- I was especially thankful for the house being not only beautiful, but strong. And the sunset that followed the crazy weather was to die for :)

5. A cute boyfriend who calms me, and loves me, understands me, and (most importantly) helps me be a better person.

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
-William Arthur Ward

No comments: