Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!"



I woke up to Trevor singing this song at 7:00 this morning. I became alert quite suddenly, and looked out my window... Sure enough, this is what I saw:

My first thought was, "Is school canceled?"

Then I realized I don't have a school to be canceled!

I then thought, "Ooh, maybe work is canceled!"

Then I realized, I want to go to work... I hope it's not canceled!

Then I thought, "Oh, no... I'm an adult!!"

So, in a saddened act of depression, I snapped a picture of the wintry wonderland, sent it to Lance in Waco, and went back to sleep 'till I had to go to the a fore mentioned work.
And THAT is how I woke up this morning:
excitement--> realization--> depression.

Maybe Santa Clause will bring me back my childhood for Christmas...


However, even as an adult, the snow sure is pretty when it makes the houses blend into the skies!

I don't think Jony has missed the snow though... Although, this is our favorite kind of snow-- the kind that falls, looks pretty, then melts hours later :)

The pumpkins looked like they were freezing!

Despite being older than dirt, I just love it when it snows in Texas... Especially when it's unexpected, like it was this morning! There's just something magical about it!

Happy Wednesday :)

No comments: