Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Little Bit of Christmas Goodness

I found this idea in one of my mom's many cooking magazines, and I fell in love with it.


So, while I was out doing a little bit of Christmas shopping, I found these darling Wilton cookie cutters on sale...
So, I bought ten!

I gathered all the stuff to make the fudge (my first fudge-making endeavor, I might add!) and it was delicious! Much thanks goes out to my mama for supervising the process-- It is due to her we got the timing all right, and ended up with edible Christmas goodness!

Once the fudge was made, I packed it in the cookie cutters, let it harden a little bit, and then came the fun part:

I used icing that would harden and gave the little guys faces, buttons, sleeves, and pant legs. After the icing dried, I put them in cellophane bags tied with a festive ribbon around it. They made great visiting teaching gifts, cheerful 'thank you' gifts, and wonderful neighbor gifts-- This is such a fun, and darling, way to spread some holiday cheer!

No comments: