Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"...Now Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding"

A long-standing Jones tradition is caroling with the whole family a week or two before Christmas. My mom and her brothers have been doing this since. As a young'n it was always my favorite part of Christmas in Arizona because it was usually the first time in several months I got to see all my uncles, aunts, and cousins all together! This year was no different-- and it was even more special because they postponed it just so 'the Texas cousins' could lend our voices to the Jones Family Singers! After arriving in Arizona Monday afternoon, we all took a much needed shower and a quick (or not so quick) nap then headed over to Grandma Jones' to get the plates of Christmas goodies ready for the singing endeavor.

Once people got to grandma's house, we set out by foot to visit all those people my mom grew up knowing and loving. Most of the people we visited have received carolers from the Jones family each year for the last 25+ years! When Kevin caught wind of this fact, he asked,
"What does someone have to do to get off this list? Die?!"
How eloquent...no? But pretty much its true!

"Oh Christmas tree... Oh Christmas tree"

Audrey was such a good girl the whole night-- She kept conducting the singers with her little waving hand. And I thought her little red nose was simply irresistible!

Here are [some of us] with the Bevels. Pretty much they were my momma's 'second parents' when she was growing up. I always enjoy seeing these two- they're some of the most wonderful people in existence!

No comments: