Saturday, January 30, 2010

P-day is here!

...Rather P-time. We only have 'till seven tonight after the class this morning, lunch, 6:00AM workout class, and study time.

Things really are great here. I'm really loving my companions-- Sister Itri from Fruit Heights, Utah and Sister Whitney from St. George. Sister Itri is actually going to Omaha, along with two other elders from our district-- but sister Whitney and I will be Columbus buddies for the next eighteen months!The elders in our district are great... They don't seem like 19-year-old boys at all... most of the time! There are 4 elders plus me and Sister Whitney going to Columbus and 2 elders plus Sister Itri going to Omaha.

President Uchtdorf just happened to be here for our new missionary meeting-- apparently in the tree years my teacher has been here, a member of the first presidency hasn't ever welcomed the new missionaries. I felt so blessed! He came in and told us we are the arm of the 12 apostles. Wow.

I can't believe its only been three days since you dropped me off and I was trying so hard not to cry. It feels like it's been a week at least! I have learned so much, and my body has adjusted quite nicely to the 5:40-10:30 schedule! I know there are angels sent from Heavenly Father with the specific putpose to pump energy and enthusiasm into me, because I couldn't keep this schedule by myself!

The food is pretty good here-- so far nothing I have loved (except for the build your own wrap bar) but I could definitely see how one could gain the 'MTC 15'!

The MTC book store is so awesome. You know how I feel about office supplies-- and they have them in abundance! I've been trying to practice self control :)

So far, I've had three epiphanies--
1.) Jesus didn't just visit North America-- He visited other lands, too!Therefore, there are other records similar to the BOM. I don't have the scripture right now.. but I'll send it in my letter. That hit me last night. Wow.

2.) When the Lord removed various blessings of the gospel from the earth during the various apostacies, it was a tender mercy. He did it when the people were wicked and not listening to the prophets... So, rather than continuuing to hold them accountable for their disobedience generation after generation, he removed the prophet or the melchezadic priesthood, etc. to prepare the hearts of future generations to receive the foreordained prophets for their dispensation! Similar to excommunication. The lord is so merciful.

3.) I'm serving my mission in the midwest-- a historically significant area (kirtland, Nauvoo, etc.) and the area also has future significance (the gathering of Israel). I have been called to prepare an area for that time. What a humbling thought!

I hope all is well with you all. I miss you and pray about you often! I know the Lord blesses us and will continue to bless us as we do His will and follow the commandments. The gospel is true!

All my love,
Sister Chelsea LeSueur

Mom-- please send me a ward list and another long skirt or two... it's cold up here! <3

Trev-- I Love you... You're going to LOVE the MTC

Cam-- I LOVE that Audrey is clapping!

Daddy-- I can see why the Mission is so special to you

Kevin-- Study hard and good luck!

send this to everyone, please!

No comments: