Monday, January 11, 2010

Reclaiming Our "Youth"

Nick is officially old today... He turned 22. Eew.

To help give him a few reasons to go on living in his old age, I took him to lunch at chili's where we both tried new dishes. My barbecue sandwich wasn't anything special and Nick's Asian salad was less than stellar-- BUT for desert, we got cinnamon bun "shooters" and they were heavenly!
"Cheers!"

After lunch, we headed over to Adventure landing for an afternoon of raw and un-adult fun. We started off with a little put-put. We got a little creative with our putts... until he wouldn't let me putt off his foot!
It has been freezing this last week-- literally. Here's proof! The waterfall was frozen!

Nick showed off his mad baseball skills in the batting cage. He was awesome!

We also got to race go-carts on a deserted track!
Here we are-- about to be go-carting champs!

Wind in my hair!

Speed Racer! Haha, I love that face!

We then went on to the bumperboats... by far the most exciting (and exhilarating) as we shot freezing water at each other in boats.

The sign was amusing...
"Pond depth is 3 feet deep. In the unlikely event that you fall into the water, simply STAND UP"


We both ended up SOAKED!

So, I went into the ladies' room to dry my hair off... And naturally, Nick followed me!

So, of course, we took pictures!

After the bumper boats, we played laser tag (just the two of us) and I actually won... That NEVER happens in laser tag!

We had so much fun, and I enjoyed helping Nick cope with his age...

Hang in there, Nick-- you've got at least another two years 'till you'll need depends!

No comments: